Number? Check
Clean running outfit? Check (I think?)
New super hair elastics that had best hold this thick horse mane hair of mine? Check
Gu? Check (yes, I will gu pre-race. And quite possible mid-race. Psychologically it may be needed.)
New playlist? Working on it...
Charged Garmin/ipod? SHIT WHY AM I SITTING HERE BLOGGING? I HAVE STUFF TO DO!
Nervous belly and on the verge of diarrhea? CHECK
HAPPY NIGHT BEFORE B2B BITCHES! (PS why did Joanie not invite me to B2B party welcoming the Elite Runners?...I thought running a 10k in anything under an hour made you elite?)
Twas the Night before B2B and all through the state
Runners were nervous, some practicing their gait
Athletes were nestled all snug in their beds
While visions of PRs danced through their heads
And I sat on the couch, with nerves and some fear
Praying to have the run of my career
(ok--maybe pretending I have a running "career" is a stretch. But it rhymed).
And I'm out, sorry that's all the energy I have to expend on a poem tonight--I've GOT TO CHARGE THE GARMIN.
No comments:
Post a Comment