So for the first time in awhile, I am taking a running vaca. I knew I would take at least 2 days off after B2B, just because I could. But with my foot pain, I settled absolutely for 3. While I could probably handle an easy run today, my foot still hurts and frankly, I want to be itching to run. I don't like it when running becomes a chore. I know by Friday I will be ready for a run. Keeping it an easy 5 or so that day. And maybe a total yoga day as well--meaning doing Hour or Power post run and then a special bonus class that evening (it is a meditation/relaxation class, so no physical exertion). I think I need this mini vaca.
On the other hand, I rode a bike for the first time in YEARS yesterday around Peaks. It was a rented bike. Older. And since I don't know the first thing about changing gears, I just stayed in the same gear the whole ride. And I loved it. Still kicked Russ's ass--even though he cycles. And knows how to use gears. Most people were just leisurely pedaling around ...but I can't sit on a bike and just half ass it. Me in my flip flops. Him with Greta riding in the attached trailer. Tour de France, Peaks style. (note: only one sketchy moment. Where Russ took a turn at the bottom of a steep hill a littttttle too fast. Spilling his iced coffee that he had in a little holder in Greta's trailer. All over Greta. She was pissssssssssed. And yelled at him for going too fast.)
No comments:
Post a Comment