Saturday, June 25, 2011

Rainy Long Run

I was a tad apprehensive about my long run. As I announced to Russ that I would be heading out shortly, I took notice of the rain pelting the windows. He told me he was surprised I was going to do it given the rain--that it would lighten up by afternoon. But I had no choice. Russ was heading into work late morning. Parents were heading to a wedding later. What was the alternative? To stay home, snuggle up and not do my run? While that sounds glorious, I know how I FEEL when I skip a run.

I also had determined that I was doing this run at the boulevard.

So off I went. I started laughing driving into Portland as rain POURED down. But there was no turning around. I was committed to the run. It turned out to be a pretty decent run. Perfect temps--and I really don't mind running in the rain (there were no down pours). Do you think I stuck to the 10:14 target pace? Jackass.

Mile 1: 9:57
Mile 2: 9:46
Mile 3: 9:42
Mile 4: 9:48
Mile 5: 9:46
Mile 6: 9:20
Mile 7: 9:11
Mile 8: 9:27
Mile 9: 9:22
Mile 10: 9:28
Mile 11: 9:22

Average: 9:34


I guess the fact that it felt good is all that matters? Though I had minimal time to stretch post-run since I had to get home so Russ could get to work. Let's just say that getting out of the car after the 30 minute ride home was a tad painful. I was feeling it.

But yay! It's 12:00--long run done. I am showered and dry!

No comments:

Post a Comment