Yesterday Erin ran her 16 miler training run. I would have given anything to be running next to her; we love doing our long runs together. And yesterday was PERFECT running weather--not very typical November weather.
I actually pulled into the boulevard parking lot after my early morning yoga class, hoping that Erin was there doing her (almost) 5 loops around...I didn't see her car so I called her. She was still at home. But just being that close to the boulevard, where I complete the majority of my runs, made me crave running. Because even though I am accepting the current state of non-running, I still CRAVE running.
This morning, for the first time in weeks and weeks, I woke up with no pain in my shin. I frequently "test" out my leg by "jogging" in place for literally 2 seconds. Usually the first time my left foot hits the ground, I feel the pain in my shin. BUT today, I have tested it out three times--and NO PAIN. My appointment isn't until early December but for the first time I have hope that perhaps I will be permitted to test it out on a mile or two run. It will be glorious.
At this point I would rather opt out of the Disney half, and slowly ease back into running. If I do run the 1/2, it will most likely mean weeks and weeks of no running post-run to let me body rest and repair. We'll see.
Russ is heading out for his 16 tomorrow. I will say that despite the fact that I would really do anything to be able to do a long run, I do not miss carving hours out of my weekend and lining up child care for Greta for a long run!
Oh and I dug this up from a previous blog:
Thinking that maybe a tempo run 4 days after a 10K race might not be the best idea? I had two days of Easy Runs and today's tempo was rough. So rough that I decided it wasn't a good idea to push through it. I am taking on a pretty high mileage training program. And I am on the fence about whether or not it will be too much for me. I also have some apprehensions about the lack of interval training (same program format I used for the 10K).
Yes, Amy. It was too much.
No comments:
Post a Comment