Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Ramblings...

I just found out the other namesake to this blog, doesn't even read it anymore.

I programmed in a running program for a half in May. Today I had a very disappointing tempo run--a 5 miler that I made into 4. Normally I never allow myself to cut a workout short because I am all too aware that giving yourself permission just once to stop opens the door...And shit. I have opened that door I guess.

This training program has me running the half at an unrealistic time...8:40s for a 1:53 or something. While that would be lovely to do--it is doubtful. I did not hit my goal times for the last half, and while the race was somewhat influenced by injury, I am not sure I would have been able to do it much faster. But this program is based on the 1/2 time...

Whenever I train I always run faster than the target pace for every single run (easy, tempo, long)--the slated times seem too slow to me, so I just ignore them---I am wondering if it is possible that I set myself up by doing that? Logically I wouldn't think it would hurt to run at a faster pace but maybe it does?

No comments:

Post a Comment